Thursday, February 16, 2012

Creative Challenge Update!

A couple of blog entries ago, I mentioned how I had been inspired and wanted to feed my creative self. I set out to do a "30 Day Creative Challenge", where I committed to doing something creative everyday, or at least create something. I was off to a good start, and my aim was to not miss a single day, but alas, I ended up skipping yesterday. The cool thing is that I was really bummed by the end of the night because I had not done something creative. I am glad that I'm doing this, because I've really missed this part of me.

Here is my progress so far:

Day One, Friday 2/10
I helped my friend, Chris, create an art display for a show at church
*Create stencil
*Spray paint onto wood

Day Two, Saturday 2/11
I made my own Photo Strip - (I originally got the idea from this blog)
*Print your choice of photos (I like going to Kinkos because they have a photo option where you can put together a collage of different pictures, and the size is perfect!)
*Cut the pictures out carefully
*Glue the individual photos onto a long piece of cardstock paper
*Trim the sides so that you can't see the cardstock & you're done! 


Day Three, Sunday 2/12
I made music with my friends Sean & Andrew in a park

Day Three, Monday 2/13
I performed a show with my band Pilgrims at Commonwealth Lounge in Fullerton, CA
Day Four, Wednesday 2/15 (I skipped V-Day)

I put together a mini film on iMovie of videos I took at my friend, Rebecca & Ben's wedding
*8mm iPhone app
*iMovie 

You can watch the video here: 


& That is about all I have so far! I am not sure what other creative adventures I will find myself doing, but I am looking forward to seeing what I come up with! I'd like to cook or bake something this week, and also write a song. If you have any ideas for me, please let me know!

--
Have you thought about doing your own creative challenge? If you do, I'd love to see your progress and what creative things you are doing, so let me know!

XO
Bren

[To follow my #creativechallenge progress: instagram/twitter: @brendaabel]




2 comments:

  1. Hi Bren, I am loving your creative challenges. I have a couple of things to say:

    1) My friend did a similar thing last year, and I actually did a creative challenge project with my students based on many of hers. If you want to check it out, you can look here: http://www.fireandflowers.com/p/30-day-challenge.html. She also blogged about them throughout.

    2) You should play a show in San Diego! My backyard is always available as a concert venue. :)

    3) Do you have any tips on how to make a video? One of my new goals for myself is to try to make a little video, but I really have no idea where to begin.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke! Thank you for being so sweet, always! :)

    -I just looked at that link and read through all of the challenges, I loved it! I will definitely be "borrowing" from her list ;) I just love this so much, because even if I am doing something that is super simple, it is getting my mind and heart going everyday! It has definitely been more challenging than I thought, but I love it!

    -I would just love that! Plus, it has been so long since I've seen you and Matt! Do you guys still live in the same place where your friends share the back area with you?

    -I actually just sort of taught myself how to make videos (hence, why they are pretty amateur haha). Do you have iMovie? That is what I use. Also, a great iPhone app is 8mm. It cost a dollar, or two, I think, but I love it! All of the clips from the video I made of my friend's wedding were taken with my phone, using the 8mm app! Then, I transfer them to my computer, and you can import all the videos into iMovie and begin editing. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to technology and video things, but I was able to mess around with iMovie and figure it out pretty quickly! Let me know if that helps :)

    xoxo
    Bren

    ReplyDelete